Small Business Scholarship
As part of the Town's commitment to small businesses and entrepreneurs, Parker provides a Small Business Scholarship Program. This program allows reimbursement of business training expenses to small and home-based businesses owners/employers with 25 or fewer employees. To qualify, businesses must be licensed and located within the Parker Town limits.
Businesses may be reimbursed 50% of the cost of tuition, fees and required materials (excluding travel) up to $500 per business, per calendar year and after successful completion of the courses.
Courses can focus on a variety of topics, including:
- Computer Skills
- Human Resources
- Manufacturing trades
- New Technologies
This program is designed to allow for flexibility in choosing the type of training that enhances each business. All courses that reasonably benefit the business are eligible. Applicants may choose courses from any accredited institution or generally accepted programs.
- The applicant chooses what type of training will benefit their business.
- The applicant completes the Scholarship Application and returns it to the Town's Economic Development Department via email or (20120 E. Mainstreet, Parker, CO 80138) prior to the course start date. A course description must accompany the application.
- Staff Reviews the application (within 5 working days) and approves or denies the request.
- Approval is based on availability of program funds and the course's contribution to the business. If approved, the business owner/ employee registers and pays for the course tuition and required materials.
- After successful completion of the course, proof is submitted to the Economic Development Department.
- The business receives 50% reimbursement for the course, up to $500 per calendar year. (Note: reimbursement is made directly to the business, not to the program participant).
Small Business Scholarship is subject to funding availability.
Please contact Darlene McCampbel, for additional questions.